All this change has been exciting and has brought about a love for so many new products which I'm sharing with you today. I used to love these when I was pregnant so I always try to share what's working for us.
1. Aden and Anais Sleep Sack- LOVE these! First of all they are so, so soft which I love. Secondly they are a great size so Miller has plenty of room to grow in the medium size. He's a tall boy at 28.5 inches (95% for height) so he's already grown out of a few other brands. They also give him plenty of space to be able to scoot and roll around the crib at night.
2. Dr Brown's Bottles- We are still loving these bottles! I've tried to introduce other bottle brands with less pieces to clean but Miller was just not having it so with Dr Browns we stick! Even though they have a lot of pieces I really do think they help a lot with gas and spit up.
3. VTech Learn and Discover Driver- Miller absolutely loves this toy! Now that he can sit up it is so much fun to watch him turn the steering wheel and press all the buttons. I've been finding that VTech toys have more items on one toy that can keep Miller entertained longer than some other brands of toys we have.
4. Fisher Price Jumperoo- This is a toy Miller has at my parents house and he is obsessed. We have an exersaucer and I just don't think he likes it as much. We have moved him up to the second level already and it's so fun to watch him turn the book pages, put the fruit and in and out of their holders, and spin around to play with the other side all while jumping up and down the whole time. This toy also buys me 20 minutes in the morning to make my coffee and eat a little breakfast.
5. Huggies Overnight Diapers- Miller is a major sleep pee-er. Doesn't matter if it's overnight or just a nap this kid can fill up a diaper. He woke up too many times recently soaking wet so I finally bought some Huggies Overnights and our problem is solved. He still wakes up at least once in the middle of the night and sometimes I will change him but he's a very easily woken baby so many times I don't even dare, so these diapers have been a lifesaver.
6. Trumpette Socks- Best Baby socks EVER. Hands down. Don't even bother buying any other brand. They are a bit more pricey but totally worth it. These stay on Miller's feet through all the scooting, sitting, jumping and I rarely have to pull them back in place. Miller can pull them off but they are much harder than other brands so he has to be working hard to get them off. They also come in so many cute styles for boys and girls. We have the striped, argyle, basketball shoe sock, and the Christmas set.
7. Fisher Price Space Save High Chair- Again this is at my parents but we are getting one as soon as we move back into our house after the renovation. Our current high chair takes up so much space and this type of chair just makes so much more sense since it can be used from 3 months through toddler. Even now when we're eating dinner we take the tray off and just pull Miller up to the table so he can join us, which he absolutely loves.
8. Munchkin Bowls and Spoons- Miller started eating Rice and Oatmeal cereal when he was around 5 months old and we have loved these bowls and spoons ever since. The can easily be hand cleaned or thrown in the dishwasher. Plus they come in such fun colors.
9. Pampers Swaddlers- We have a diaper blow out problem around these parts and so far Pampers Swaddlers are the only diapers that can contain them. Miller is tall and these come up really high in the back which is why I think they work for us. Trust me I have tried Honest, Luvs, Pampers Baby Dry, and Huggies Snug & Dry. I would say the Huggies Snug & Dry are a close second but the Swaddlers are my first love.
10. Munchkin Inflatable Safety Tub- I was given this tub as a gift and I love it. We broke it out a few weeks ago after Miller was sitting up well on his own. He is really active and loves to move around, splash and play so this tub helps ease my worries about him slipping and hitting his head. I never thought to register for one but I'm going to suggest it to all my girlfriends now.
11. Jelly Cat Pet Tails Book- My sister in law gave Miller this book for Christmas and I'm going to add this it to the list of gifts I give new mommies. Miller loves this book! He's at the age where he loves touching and exploring different textures and colors and this soft book is perfect. All the animals have long tails made of different rope/fabric that he loves to touch and put in his mouth :). I keep it in my diaper bag to pull out when we are running errands or out to lunch/dinner and this book can keep him distracted for awhile.
12. First Years Sounds for Silence Premium Sound Machine- Another lifesaver around here! Miller HATED noise machines when he was a newborn and they would actually keep him up instead of lulling him to sleep. Right around 5 months when he started to roll around and play in his crib I realized that small noises that didn't bother him as a newborn (like the dog barking) kept him awake as a 5 month old. Enter this sound machine I found on sale at Babies R Us. It has made such a difference in his sleep. I'm not sure which setting I use but I just hit the noise button 6 times until the white noise/rain type sound comes up and we use that one. I also keep it on a really loud volume to drown out all the other noise in our house. This took his naps from 1 hour to 2-3 hour naps- which is a win in my book!
13. Munchkin Formula Dispenser- Since we are now doing formula for all our day time feedings these Munchkin dispensers have been so handy. I usually just fill his bottle up with water before we leave the house and then keep the powdered formula in the dispenser as needed. It's great to have on the go so I'm not stranded without a bottle.
Do you have any favorite baby products for around this age? We love hearing about new toys and gadgets all the time!