8.21.2014

Thoughts for Thursday: Baby #2, The End of Summer, Toddler times, and other randoms

Hi and welcome back to another Thoughts for Thursday! Remember you can blog about whatever you want. Just grab the button below and link up at the bottom.

Thoughts for Thursday

- This is the state of baby #2's nursery. As you can see we've done nothing and this room has been a bit of a catch all this past year.  The clean out starts this weekend.

 All my old clothes from either working or that don't fit anymore.



- I'm actually excited for Baby #2 to wear Miller's clothes because I had some outfits I really loved and hated putting away. I just hope I can pull it off with sizing since they're going to be born in totally different seasons.

- I have bought him a few new outfits though so it's not only hand-me downs.


 - I've changed my mind for the 10th time and I think I want this Jenny Lind crib for his nursery.  I was at first worried it might be too feminine but I've found some good inspiration photos on Pinterest.






- As much as I've been hating the heat (despite our quite mild August) I am sad to see summer go. I'm going to miss the pool the most.  It's been so much fun for Miller this summer and such a good way to get through our long days.

- I also know come December I'm going to be sorry I ever complained about the heat and wishing for warm days so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

- We have a full blown toddler on our hands these days.  I'm so blown  away by how much he has grown up since his 1st birthday. I feel like I see less and less baby everyday :(

- We've also suddenly developed a very picky eater and he can love one thing one day and hate it the next and then love it again.  I'm assuming this just comes with the territory but man is it hard to figure out what he wants to eat!!  He also suddenly hates all fruit- I've been giving him the baby food fruit pouches so he at least gets some but anyone have any suggestions?

- We are going out this weekend to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!!  We haven't had a date night that doesn't involve a wedding sinc April so I'm super excited to go out and get dressed up.  Since I'm pregnant (and no fun) we decided to hold off on a big trip until  next year.  We're thinking the Caribbean- anyone have any resorts they love?  We've been to Aruba and St. Maarten, I'm thinking maybe St. Lucia or Barbados. I'm looking for relaxing, good food and drink, and no kids :)

- I could really use a glass of wine these days.  Phew this whole not drinking for what feels  like 2 years straight is getting hard haha.

Now it's your turn!
Grab the button below and link up to Annie and Natalie  on your Thoughts for Thursday post.  

Thoughts for Thursday
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones and @eastcoastnat.
Link up starts at 7am EST.
Follow us on Bloglovin' too:
Home of Malones and East Coast Chic


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Good luck with #2's room cleaning/organizing this weekend! I think the crib that you chose is very classic and stands the test of time for either a boy or girl. Kids are our way of knowing that we're never actually in control of anything, whether they're changing their taste in food, moods, bedtime routines or favorite toys! I wouldn't stress out too much about the fruit. They say kids get what they need for their bodies over the course of a 2 week period and that's ok. I'd just keep offering it to him with meals and one day he'll eat it again! Oh and have a great date night and happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't really started on the nursery yet either. All I've done is clean out the room. I'm hoping to pick out paint colors this weekend! I love the crib you chose! That's great that baby #2 can wear Millers clothes! Makes me feel not so bad about buying a lot of clothes now... maybe our #2 will be a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh our future nursery looks the same as yours and I'm getting antsy just looking at how much needs to be done! I was also debating on that crib too because I thought it might be girly, but I'm totally sold on it now and we're getting it even if we have a boy! Where do you normally shop for Miller? Those little clothes are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crib! The last baby boy room pic is so cute. Love all the animals. Hope you have a great anniversary weekend!
    Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white jenny lind! I desperately wanted the espresso one for baby boy's nursery but Blaire is SO excited about baby brother sleeping in her crib, I just couldn't bear to tell her we were getting him a new one. So he's going to use big sister's crib.

    And about the wine - I hear that! I must confess, I had a small glass the other night (my OB said okay to a tiny bit on rare occasion.) It tasted SO DAMN GOOD. And then I fell asleep at 8pm. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even touch Greyson's nursery until after he was born, oops! You'll get it all done! It always works out! It is definitely going to be harder when summer is over and there is no more pool time. I forget all year, how awesome it is to have a pool to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the inspiration you're going for with the nursery and yay for celebrating wedding anniversarys! Thanks for hosting the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that crib! I sometimes wish I went with that one instead. So classic! Also, so sad about the picky eater! I'm nervous for that. Noelle will eat anything right now and I know that will eventually change. What about making baby popsicles with blended frozen fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crib and all of the inspiration pictures! We are still a ways off from having kids yet but I do really want to decorate a nursery... they're just so cute! Happy early Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that crib -- def not too girly, esp if it's painted white. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crib - you need it! Yay for a grown up trip next year. Time flies (although I'm sure it doesn't always seem like that sans wine - have you tried to alcohol-less version?).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't envy trying to clean out that room! I hate doing stuff like that. In fact my summer clothes are sitting in tubs in my bedroom. I meant to put them in my closest, but that never happened and it's too late now! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary!!! Have fun this weekend. Good luck with the room - ours looked so similar before our second baby arrived. And our friends have a Jenny Lind crib in their boy nursery and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that crib! Checkout Cap Maison in St. Lucia and Hermitage Bay in Antigua for adult only resorts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're not supposed to drink???????????? Well shit. I LOVED Ladera in St. Lucia. And we LOVE our Jenny Lind crib! I'm a horrible mother and bought it off Craigslist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you tried homemade fruit/yogurt popsicles? Puree it and maybe he won't be able to tell he's eating fruit? And cute crib! Good luck with clearing out the room this weekend! Hope it goes quickly! -Jess @ Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a catch all room and I totally don't envy you on having to clear it out. I don't want to do mine either but I'm going to have to. Happy 5th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comments make my day. If you have a question feel free to email me at eastcoastnat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig