9.26.2014

Friday Things

TGIF!! Are you all ready for the weekend?  I know we sure are.  I' off to a slow start around here this morning but I've finally got my act together.

Here are some things that have been going on this week:

{One}
I broke out my swing sweater from last year and it still fits over the bump!! I am so excited I think I might have to pick up another one come October 1 since they'll work great post baby too.  I was hesitant to buy one of these sweaters last year but they totally live up to their hype. If you don't have one yet I highly suggest it.  Pregnant or not!

{Two}
Avocado Mozzarella Toast 
 I have been on a huge fresh mozzarella kick for the last month or so. I just cannot get enough. I decided on a whim last week to add it to my beloved avocado toast. It was so good!
Ingredients:
Wheat bread or bread of choice
2 slices Fresh mozzarella
1/2-1 Avocado
Lemon juice, Salt, and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Toast bread- with or without mozzarella. (I use a toaster oven and usually add my mozzarella to the toast half way through toasting so it melts a little.) Cut Avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop into bowl. (I usually use half an avocado).  Mash avocado with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Keep slightly chunky.

Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of toast (if you didn't melt it), Spread avocado mash over mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!


{Three}
I am loving this red from Essie's new fall color collection. I always paint my own nails so I usually treat myself to one new color a month since it's cheaper than a manicure.  I'm already dreaming up which color I want next from the fall collection.  I'm thinking either Style Cartel or Take it Outside.

{Four}
Toddler Problems


Miller's beloved Giraffe that we call Raff needed a trip through the washing machine badly. He was on the verge of getting a stench.  I had tried to sneak him away from Miller and it just didn't work so I convinced him to put him in the washer as a game. Then the tears ensued when I wouldn't let him have it back.  He spent about 10 minutes crying and banging on the basement door before I finally convinced him to have a snack and watch some Mickey.  Who knew having to part with your favorite stuffed animal for an hour was so traumatizing?!


{Five}
Playroom Progress
Since my nesting and urge to clean and organize ALL THE THINGS is out of control I have decided to tackle our playroom next. I will be back next week to share more pictures and my plans for the room.  

And one more because I couldn't resist...

{Six}
Black Widow
This song. I'm obsessed. I wanted to hate it but I can't. It's too damn catchy.  I can't stop listening to it.
(feel free to judge how dusty my car is- it needs to be cleaned-badly)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with

and 
http://meetatthebarre.blogspot.com/
 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I most definitely had some avocado toast this morning and it was great!! I have been looking for a new red and I'm going to have to get that one!! So pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah aw that screaming face is so sad but so funny. Loving your sweater and that avocado toast looks insanely good! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm that avocado mozzarella toast looks so good! xo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor little guy! I'm sure he was happy to be reunited with his giraffe when it was clean! :)

    I love that sweater, so cute! And that toast looks amazing! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your playroom looks super organized already!! You should see our current chaos.
    Poor M! Glad he has been reunited. THat color polish is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that swing sweater! I'll have to check them out. And that nail color is fun for fall! I just put something super dark on my toes in hopes it will encourage cooler temps to appear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad miller has his friend back. Can't wait to see what you do with the playroom! And loving that red! Have a great wknd!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopeyoure having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great, love that sweater!! Can't wait to see the playroom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comments make my day. If you have a question feel free to email me at eastcoastnat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig