4.20.2015

Weekend Recap and Lilly for Target Thoughts

Happy Monday everyone! How is everyone doing today?  Coffee in hand, ready to tackle this week or still trying to peel yourself out from under the covers?!   We had such a busy but fun weekend and I'm pretty sure I'm still recovering from Friday night, anyone else suffer from the #twodayhangover after a night out?! or maybe it's the aftermath of almost getting trampled at Target for some Lilly that I'm still working through but either way this day snuck up on me but I'm ready to tackle it! 


Friday night was our big Junior League gala fundraiser event.  I'm a member and on the gala committee so this was the day I've been waiting for all year.  The event was a great success with some minor hiccups along the way (which is normal for any large event) but it went well, everyone enjoyed themselves and I got an adult night out to dress up and enjoy some cocktails.  It was well worth all the stress and anxiety leading up to it. 



Saturday we got up bright and early and treated ourselves to some McDonald's breakfast to put a dent in our hangovers before we loaded up the kids and headed up to PA for a friend's daughter's first birthday party.   I didn't take any pictures Saturday but the weather was gorgeous and perfect!  We were outside all day long hanging out with friends and enjoying the sunshine.  We stopped by Kyle's parent's house to have dinner with them and a few of his brothers so that was fun and Miller got to see his cousins, which is always a good time.  

 I haven't had McDonalds in over a year and it was so worth every calorie!

On Sunday mornning Kyle went golfing so my sister and I decided to brave the crowds and hit up the Lilly Pulitzer for Target sale!  Did anyone else go?  How was your Target?   I had to bring the boys with me so I wasn't one of the ones running when the doors opened but ours was crazy!! When we arrived around 7:45am there were about 30-40 people in front of us.  When the doors opened at 8am all hell broke loose.  I was shocked and saddened by the behavior I saw!  People were just running up to racks and ripping everything off they could and running away.  The scarves and accossories were cleaned out within a minute and then womens clothes were next.  The home good were scattered through out the store and they were gone just as fast.  I watched a girl just ripping scarves out of a Target employees hands and the employee looked terrified!   I'm not going to lie my sister and I probably could have gotten more if we didn't spend half the time laughing out loud at how insane people were being.  Seriously the way women were acting over this was almost hysterical.  




 We had a few pairs of the palazzo pants in hand after Pris realized it wasn't going to be civilized and grabbed the two pairs but they ended up being a XL and XXL so we put them back for people who could actually wear them.   I managed to get some appetizer plates and I had martini glasses and a hammock in my hand at one point but I quickly realized that I did not need either and I was not about to spend $150 on a hammock that would make Kyle say WTF?!  I do have to admit it was fun to be caught up in the chaos for a little bit with the crowd mentality of buy, buy, buy.

I do have a few gripes about the event though and not because I didn't get a bunch of stuff.  To be honest I more just wanted to see what they had then really buy anything.  What bothers me is the people who went there solely to buy items to re-sell them with a major mark up.  I understand that was limited collection but there are now over 27,000 listings for Lilly for Target items posted on ebay!  The prices that the sellers are trying to get are insane and some are more than real Lilly Pulitzer prices.  I hope that people won't pay them and force the sellers to return them to store.  The prints were very cute but remember the quality is Target level so it's not worth paying over $100 for something someone bought for $35. 
I heard horrible stories about young girls crying because they were hoping to finally be able to get some Lilly they could afford but instead got push and trampled by some crazy fans.  I heard stories of people sending their husbands in and the guys basically saying get out of my way I'm bigger and stronger and taking full racks of clothes.   Another person told me they watched a woman run over to the make up bags with her cart and with one fell swoop throw them all into her cart!  No one needs 10 make up bag so I'm assuming they're all listed on ebay now.  It's just sad that this is what our mentality has become these days.      

We had four large Targets to try from by us and it sounds like we went to one of the craizer ones.  Some of our friends that went to another local Target didn't get there until 9:30am and were still able to score a bunch of things.  
If you went I would love to hear about your experience and what you thought about it in general!  Are you a Lilly fan?  What did you think of the items you saw? 


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Sounds like it was a nice weekend before the nonsense at Target. It wasn't AS insane at mine, but people were still nuts. It actually just made me sad that HUMAN BEINGS would act in such a way over material things. Like, really really sad. I'll never go to something like that again because it was just depressing to watch.
    Glad you were able to get something out of it all tho--and that that something wasn't a black eye or a bruised rib lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Target was insanity! I didn't get most of the things I wanted and thought I was going to get trampled! There were almost 300 women in line and definitely some husbands... who started fights! Not ok people! That McDonald's looks so ridiculously good! Do I spy a VivoFit band?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole Lilly for Target thing was just silly from start to finish. It was crazy that Target didn't produce more merchandise to meet supply online and in stores, it's crazy they didn't limit in store purchases, and it's mostly crazy how people behave! I was at work until 2am Sat night/Sunday morning and then a friend texted when the site finally worked at 6ish, so I scored some stuff for Blaire online. She and I went over to our local store and stood in line also. Our store was great at enforcing order - they said they'd refuse to permit anyone spotted running to purchase anything - but they also only let parts of the line in at a time. So if you weren't in the first group you didn't get to even see most of it because the first people just filled their carts. There was a group stalking go-backs as they were returned - which was being carefully monitored by security- but I wansn't about to jump into that with a toddler in tow. We scored a couple more kid's items for ourselves and friends and got the heck out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think they should have somehow put a limit on how much each person bought or not have it all for sale on one day, maybe space it out a bit. With that said, I'm glad I'm not a Lilly Pulitzer fan since I never have a desire to stand in line for anything...I refuse to go black Friday shopping for the same reason. There's nothing I want that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lily stuff just makes me sad... in fact, I wrote an entire post today about why I didn't go. We ended up going to Target anyway later in the day other stuff, and at 11am all that was left was nail polish. Out of curiosity, I looked at a few of the colors... and realized I already have one of them at home. Yep, not even original colors. (The color was "Where's My Chauffeur?") Just insanity. These collaborations are supposed to make high fashion more accessible, but they only do the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lilly event sounds like it was just pure insanity! I really don't understand how people can be that way, and about stuff! It's just clothes or home goods or whatever, it's not worth all that! That McDonald's looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stayed far away from Taregt yesterday- that stuff just annoys me. I am going to check out a bathing suit at real Lilly today- wish I could have gotten that Target one piece, but didn't care enough to try in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Target was crazy!! I got there at 6:45 am and was lucky to walk out with a beach towel. Everything was gone in like 30 seconds… I didn't stand a chance!! I'm annoyed that they only had a very limited selection- I heard like 2 sizes of each thing- and there were only like 2 or 3 racks, I just thought it was going to be a lot bigger. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gala sounds fun and I definitely feel a hangover two days later anymore! I'm really saddened by the behaviors I heard of yesterday as well and don't understand why people would pay more for items on eBay than they would pay in a usual Lilly store! I really hope people won't pay the scalped prices online and leave those obnoxious folks to lose out on the limited return policy. I really was interested in some home items so I hope that Lilly sees how much people really wanted these items and start producing them for their real line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the JL gala was a success. Your hangover Insta pic cracked me up (and was me all the way come Sunday hah). I totally agree that it is ridiculous the markup on the Lilly stuff; and yes, might as well get the "better" version at this rate! I've already unfollwed one blogger on Instagram who took over with reposting all these little girl dresses. #nosoul haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ughhh the two day hangover.. the struggle is definitely real! I had an all-day hangover yesterday, but am thankfully feeling much better today and ready to take on the week.

    And what I don't understand is why Target hasn't learned their lesson from all these collabs. Their site crashes without fail every time, and there's never anywhere near enough merchandise to supply the demand. I have so much love for Target, but it's hard when they don't prepare well enough for something like this. They'd make soooo much money if they had more stuff available for more people to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh i am NOT a fan of target collaborations bc it makes ppl crazy... so sad that people who really wanted to finally buy something from the brand weren't able to because other people bought everything to resell it on ebay. SO greedy!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't believe the craziness the Lilly sale caused yesterday! I got to our Target at 9 AM and they were already taking down the displays because everything was gone! People are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Target was crazy also. People were acting like maniacs and clearing racks for things they obviously did not need 15 of the same things. I also think that Target should have somehow limited the number of items you could get. That's horrible if it's true that grown men would try to intimate people. Hopefully those ebay items won't sell and people will get stuck with their greediness. Winks and Eyerolls

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! How crazy was that experience!! Worse than any sort of Black Friday shopping it seems!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad I stayed away from the madness, it sounds insane.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also participated in Lilly for Target - full recap of my madness at young-southern.blogspot.com - and what an absolutely insane experience! I totally agree with everything you said. Just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I'm not a diehard Lilly fan by any means, but I needed a few groceries and had already been to the gym, so I thought I'd just swing by my store to see what the fuss was about. Well, I live outside of Boston and honestly thought that it might be a little less tame than places further South-- oh, how wrong I was! I showed up at my Target around 7:30 and the line was already longer than Black Friday lines. There were probably 40 people in front of me, and when the doors opened, women ran at a dead sprint to the clothes and were just grabbing handfuls off of the racks. Others were at the scarves, wrapping as many around their necks as they could and then running to the next spot. I mainly had my eye on a few home goods, so I headed to the back and found the towels and blanket that I wanted... and then everyone else found them as well. There was a woman LYING ON TOP OF a stack of beach chairs, yelling for a sales associate to come and help her load them up. I've never seen such crazy snatching and shoving. I walked towards the front of the store to checkout (and passed a woman holding and comforting her young daughter, who was hysterically crying and saying "That was so scawy, Mommy") and a girl in front of me was ON A MISSION. She spotted the beauty/accessories and shot through the aisles and rammed her basket straight into another woman's basket so she could get to the hair accessories. At that point, I was outta there. I called my husband once I got to the car and couldn't help but laugh at the insanity. So sad that so many crazies took the fun out of it for so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the plates you picked up at the Lilly Pulitzer for Target stampede. Those will be in style and last way longer than the clothes they produced for the collaboration. I got to Target at 7:45 and there were 80 people in front of me. By 8:02, everything was gone. They did limit purchases to 2 of each item/ style. I got a wristlet- the only thing hanging on the accessories rack at that point. This crazy woman yelled at her 8 year old, " mama loves you honey but not today so get the hell out of my way" before grabbing the shopping cart from him and sprinting to the home goods section. Her cart was filled to the brim and I am guessing that she's a Lilly "scalper". She started to jettison her extras from her cart and that's literally how I scored the pink and green beach towel and napkins that I wanted- she threw them at me. I didn't really want anything else, but would have liked the opportunity to at least try things on and evaluate for quality, etc.
    I found it ironic that the Target home goods are nicer than the Lilly ( plastic) plates, glasses that are produced by Lifeguard Press.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, Target collaborations make some people act silly {and a bit crazy}! Those stories that you mention break my heart! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comments make my day. If you have a question feel free to email me at eastcoastnat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig