- Today we woke up to this:
It's 29 today but feels like 20 (waaaay to cold for me)
- Two days ago I walked Layla at lunch and it was 65 degrees- I was wearing capri pants and a long sleeve t-shirt! I'm not sure what is up with this weather in Maryland
- Can you believe it's February already? Which means: my birthday is in one week and we are one month closer to spring!
- I've decided to stop doing Friday's Fancies posts because shopping when pregnant is depressing and no fun and it just makes me miss all the clothes I can't buy this season
- I'm avoiding starting a baby registry. I'm finding the whole process very overwhelming. I know that I just need to sit down and start doing research/visiting stores/ gathing all your great advice etc and just start working on it.
- The nursery on the other hand I'm having no problem with. That like my wedding theme I've had in my head since before I was pregnant. (Yes I pretty much knew my full wedding decor about 2 years before getting engaged)
- Boy names? Hahahahahahaha. Yeah that's how I feel about trying to choose names right now. It's too hard so I'm just avoiding it. Girls names were a breeze for us and we had a ton we could both agree on. So far we can't really come up with any boy names we both like. So far Baby Boy H might be his name. That will sound good on a resume, right??
- Are you all excited for Super Bowl? I live in Maryland and I'm not a Ravens fan but it is still fun following all the hype with the Ravens and their beloved Ray Lewis heading to the Super Bowl. I like to celebrate Super Bowl but consuming large amounts of food (and usually alcohol) such as my favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip. I like the recipe from my Junior League Cookbook best- I've included it at the bottom of the post
- I have been missing wine so badly this week. We had our first book club meeting of the year last night (our book club is more like a wine club) and my sparkling apple cider just wasn't cutting it. The wine just smelled so good
- I joined The Vine because I had to see what it was about and I'm not sure I get it or I'm going to use it. It's basically like instagram only short videos- I don't think I do anything that exciting that you would want to see. If you want to find me my user name is: nathend5
Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breats (I know some poeple use canned chicken but I refuse to and always use fresh chicken breast)
1 (12 ounce) jar of hot red pepper sauce (I usually use Frank's Red hot buffalo)
16 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 bottle (12 ounces) ranch or blue cheese dressing (I usually do ranch)
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Boil the chicken in water to cover in a large saucepan for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked. Shred the chicken with a fork into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl.
Pour the hot sauce over the chicken to marinate and let sit for 8-10 hours (There is no need to do it this long at all, I would say 2-3 max is all you really need. If you have time then do it over night if not don't worry about it )
In a 9x13 baking dish layer the cream cheese, undrained marinated chicken, salad dressing and top with mozzarella.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I always serve mine with Fritos scoops but any type of tortilla chip will work.
Enjoy- you will be the hit of the party!