2.05.2014

30 Day Closet Remix

One of my favorite fashion instagrammers mrsstrock will periodically do a 30 day closet remix and invite people to play along.  The rules are that you have to "shop" your own closet for 30 days and not buy any new pieces.  She decided to do one in January and since I was on a shopping detox I decided to play along.   Now I didn't document all 30 days because let's me honest it isn't always that glamorous around here but I tried my best to work with what I had in my closet and it was so much fun.

Here are some of my favorite outfits over the past month, in no particular order.

 J.Crew Factory Artist Tee (on sale for $14.50- this is one of my go-to tops that I have in at least 4 colors!) /BaubleBar Fiesta Fringe Necklace (sold out but love this one here)/ J.Brand Mid Rise Rail  Jeans/ Tory Burch Metallic Revas (sold out but love the bronze)/ Michel Kors Watch /Taylor Morgan Design Chunky Bracelet


 J.Crew Embroidered Peasent Top (on sale 50% off with code HAPPYSALE)/ Tory Burch Caroline Ballet Flats in Navy (sold out but love the navy stripe here) /H&M Sqin Skinny Jeans (old but similar here)/ Michael Kors Watch/ J.Crew Factory Crystal Bracelet (old but similar here)

 J.Crew Striped Excursion Vest (sold out but love the solid navy)/ J.Crew Factory Artist Tee (sold out in pink, other colors here)/ Baublebar Jumbo Bloom Bib (sold out in white but still available in other colors here) / J.Brand Mid Rise Rail/ Tory Burch Caroline Flats (sold out but love the navy stripe here)


Mossimo Striped Oversized Cardigan (old but similar here)/ Ann Taylor Loft Ponte Leggings/ Stella & Dot Charm Necklace /Tory Burch Classic Revas /Forever 21 bangles

J.Crew Factory Striped Charley Sweater (on sale for $29.50!! Such a steal!)/ J.Crew Factory Pearl Necklace (old but similar here)/ J.Brand Mid Rise Rail Jeans/ Tory Burch Classic Revas/ Michael Kors Watch/ J.Crew Crystal Bracelet  (old similar here) /Forever 21 Bangles

J.Crew Swing Sweater/ BaubleBar Fiest Fringe (sold out but love this one here)

BB Dakota Rolly Cardigan (sold out but similar here) / Reebok PlayDry Leggings (similar here)/ Target Slippers (old but love these)

Mossimo Gray Hoodie/ Ann Taylor Loft Striped Tee (old but I'm loving this one here)/ Vineyard Vines LazyPants (old but similar here)

J.Crew Factory Polka Dot Popover (onsale for $44.50!)/ J.Crew Factory Necklace (sold out but love this one) / H&M Sqin Jeans (old similar here)/ Old Navy Booties/ Michael Kors Watch/ Taylor Morgan Design Chunky Bracelet 


It was honestly so fun to shop my own closet and put together outfits. I've never really been a big plan your outfit the day ahead person but this really made me go through my closet everyday and try to figure out outfits.  I also think it helped me get my act together so I wasn't just pulling something sloppy together and running out the door like I usually do now that I have a baby.    I'm going to try to do this type of challenge more often, especially when I'm feeling like I have nothing to wear and want to shop!

Do you shop your own closet often?  Do you plan your outfits ahead of time or do you pick it out the morning of ?


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I really love the day with the PJ pants :)

    I need to shop my own closet. If only it was big enough that I could see everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your outfits on IG everyday. I almost always pick out my clothes the night before or even pick out an outfit for a few days which helps so much in the morning to save time and gives me the chance to come up with new combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to put thought into my outfits. Now I grab whatever doesn't have to be ironed. I swore once I got a bigger closet I would iron outfits for the week on Sunday nights but six months later, it's yet to happen. I should really give that a whirl! Love all your fun outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your outfits! It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do this!! Great outfits, definitely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I totally need to step up my accessories game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge! I wish I wasn't such a shopaholic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfits you put together! I think I really should start picking out my clothes the night before. It would really help with the craziness in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are lucky to live so close to a Jcrew. Great finds. I would wear EVERYTHING you have shown here, just as you have shown it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Good way to prevent myself from buying new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've loved watching what both she and you choose! It's inspiring me to try out some new looks myself instead of sticking to the same combos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to get right in your closet!!!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I need to try it! You have a pretty great selection in your closet and can I please have all of your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea!!! My goal for March is to not do any shopping, so I will certainly be playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously cute! You did a great job putting things together. I feel like I'm in a complete rut when it comes to my closet. I need to try to liven things up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so i've been doing this high intensity "body back" for mom's training program for the last several weeks and i can finally shop my closet again and it feels amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfits and great post. Looks like we both have a Tory Burch flats addiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comments make my day. If you have a question feel free to email me at eastcoastnat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig